Monday, January 21, 2008

My Last Week in the Philippines

I just posted up some new pictures of my last week in the Philippines. It is always so hard to leave, but I did have a great time. After we got back from Bohol, we were still very busy.

I went to the dentist while I was there. There was a dentist office in the same building as the hotel I stayed in. I had heard the dental work in the Philippines was on par with the United States, but a lot cheaper. I ended up getting my teeth cleaned, some cavities filled, and my front two teeth fixed. For the latter, I had previously gotten an estimate of $600 to fix my teeth. In the Philippines, it only cost me $40!

Also, when I was getting my cavities filled, the dentist did not use anaesthesia when drilling. I was very surprised at this. However, I was even more surprised that it did not hurt that much without it. When I asked the dentist why she did not use it, she told me it is helpful for her to know the viability of the tooth she is working on. She said if the patient cannot feel any pain, then she would have a harder time telling if the tooth was viable.

I also had an early 40th birthday party in the Philippines before I left. We reserved a private room at the Majestic restaurant. Glyn's family, including some cousins, aunties, and nephew were there. I think there was about 20 of us overall. The food was plentiful and we had a good time.



It was very hard to leave the Philippines as always, but I look forward to the next time I visit.

No comments: