Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sinulog Dance Competition

This weekend, we went to the Sinulog Dance competition that they had at the Cebu Sports Center. It is a competition among the children in elementary and high school. On Saturday, the competition was from groups around the province of Cebu. It rained so much all day, so the crowd was not so big. The dancers danced on anyway!

On Sunday, the groups were from around Cebu City. The weather was so much better! Each dance had "marching band"-like music and was similar to each other. Each dance, which told a story, also had an appearance by Santo Nino. The only thing I can compare it to is a college marching band at a halftime show.

I was very impressed with the dancing of the children. I have been to school pageants before (and have been in some myself) and these blow anything that I have seen before away!

Here are the pictures from the competition
.

1 comment:

Kev said...

That was some production, huh?

BTW, when you get and you want to know how it is like to work... just call me and I'll tell ya how it is.

I'm glad you took off the comment approval thing...