Saturday, February 03, 2007

This Too Shall Pass

Paraphrasing Jesus...and my brother Mike, "Let he who is without kidneys, pass the first stone." Well, I still have my kidneys, but...

NO STONE!

Yes, it was a joyous occasion yesterday when the stone that was causing me all the problems came out. However, there was little fanfare with the passing...no crying...no speaking in tongues. After all of this time having kidney stones, I still can't believe that something so small can cause so much pain. The stone is smaller than the fingernail on my pinkie finger.

I figured I would have been somewhere over the North Pole passing my stone had I stuck to my original return flight. But as they say, it is good to finish where it all started.

Supposedly I still have two stones sitting in my kidneys, but the the immediate worry has passed. Now, if I could just get rid of this darn cold...

No comments: